Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of the Year and a New Challenge


Finally, 2009 is coming to a close. I would love to say I am really sad the year flew by so quick, but like most people I am ready for it to be done.  Being in Freelance Advertising is always an up and down battle, but this year was more down than up. I am ready for a fresh start and for some new opportunities to open up. Instead of looking back on what I did or did not do last year, I am going to look forward. Tomorrow, I will be posting my resolutions and what my dreams for 2010 are. What are yours?

Here is the first thing that will be new for us come January 1, 2010. My blog friend, Diana is having a great challenge - The Eat In Month Challenge! I am pretty excited about this for a couple of reasons -
#1 - I would like for us to start eating healthy
#2 - To save money (Yes, I know, I too thought it grew on trees)
#3 - Eating out is a challenge with a food allergic child
#4 - Just getting tired of the same places

I know this is going to be a tough challenge. Hubby are you on board? He likes to go out for lunch when he is at work. Not to mention I do love my McD's for a McMuffin. But, I can make them at home.  I did have to ask if we got a gift card for Christmas to a restaurant does that count? Now don't run out tomorrow and buy 30. :-) I'll let you know what she says. Better go check the pantry and get my Hungry Girl Cookbooks out and plan some meals.

Happy New Year's Eve Eve.

4 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

can't wait to hear how it goes for you!! Hope your christmas was good:)

Diana said...

Yay! So glad you're playing along! Sadly, gift cards do not count, but you can always cheat if you want.

Hugs,
:) Diana

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy New Year Sweetie...
It has been a wonderful year in 2009 and I can't wait to see what 2010 brings to each of us.

Here's wishing you happiness, love, prosperity, peace and good health.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Kelly said...

What a great challenge! I'm sure you will feel the benefit within the month!
See you at WLW next week xxxx